Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Why I make videos on YouTube

When I was 15 I went through a horrible time in my life, I had 5 friends all close to my age die in a 2 month span. This caused me to begin a rather drastic downward spiral into depression, self harm, and diet restriction. I remember feeling so alone, and if I had only had someone to look to and see that coming out of a depression was possible, I know I would have recovered much faster. In december of 2008 I looked at my life and say how much I had come through to get to where I am now, and it seemed like the time in my life that I was strong enough to share my experiences with anyone who needed advice. Since then making these advice videos has become a passion and I am honoured to be able to help so many people struggling, being able to show people that recovery is possible and that they have it in themselves to overcome their demons is what keeps me going in day to day life. It was my past that prompted me to begin vlogging and I wouldn't change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment