Monday, April 26, 2010

Ah the joys of Bleaching!


In the wonderful world of women, it is often seen that blondes have more fun, get the attention from the guys. Whether it is to try and prove the rumors true or to simply have a big change, women all over the world invest in pricey bleaching or bite the bullet and attempt to do it themselves with drug store brands. I have been blonde twice in my life. The first time I was 16 and having a mid teen crisis, I said “screw my lovely burgundy hair, I’m gonna bleach the crap out of it!” I prefer not to look at the photos taken at that point in time. Being young and inexperienced I did not know how to get the proper tone. The second attempt happened years later, and was taken much better. I was 18 and in my first year of university, I remember sitting in the cafeteria one day and getting scouted and asked to be a model in a hair show. After a few shows they chose to go drastic on my near black hair and turned me into a platinum blonde. It took a full day of bleaching and toning to get it to the pure white they desired for the shoot. The photo above shows my hair after my shoot when I went home bought a different tone of blonde dye and did it myself. If I was to warn people of one thing it would be NEVER leave bleach on your hair for upwards of an hour, take your time and go gradual with it, because when your hair becomes over processed it turns into dry brittle crap to say the least. It is important to use a purple tinted toner so as to remove the brassiness and yellow tones. And invest in an amazing conditioning treatment, because your hair will be crying out for moisture.

I know I can’t stop any of your for taking the big bleaching plunge, but be careful bleachers, and be kind to your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment